Diverzify is the largest commercial flooring and facilities services company in the country, employing over 5000 employees across 52 offices nationwide. Diverzify operates 16 facilities servicing 49 states to a diverse group of end markets including healthcare, education, multi-family and government. They offer a wide range of flooring offerings, including carpet, wood & laminate, Tile & Stone, poured flooring, and sport flooring.
To further their continued growth and operational scaling, Diverzify is hiring an Assistant Controller to run the day to day accounting functions, drive operational improvements, including a new ERP implementation, and integrate new acquisitions into Diverzify. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and can be based in Atlanta or Chicago.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 10 years of professional experience across multiple functions within finance and accounting disciplines; Experience driving standardized accounting principles across multiple locations .
• Solid understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control rules and guidelines (e.g. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
• Expert financial, quantitative, and analytical skills, with formal training in accounting and finance; willing and able to engage and develop employees.
• Experience supporting Capital and/or M&A investment decisions, at the site or enterprise level, including evaluation, cost/benefit modeling, risk analysis, and synergy benefits.
• Strong technical skillset using Excel for modeling and implementation into ERP. Experience with IFS Cloud is preferred.
• Ability to coach and develop a team in an environment with an evolving structure, processes, and IT tools.
• Displays a high level of initiative; invites, challenges, and explores new ideas while understanding and communicating risks.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders; leads cross-functionally by influence.
• Nimble and entrepreneurial in nature; makes decisions with imperfect information; wired for a fast-paced, high-change, private-equity sponsored environment.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.