Arxada (formerly Lonza Specialty Ingredients) is a global specialty chemicals business with 2.5B revenue, 3,800 employees, 26 manufacturing sites, and 17 R&D centers worldwide. Arxada has leading positions in Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) and Specialty Products Solutions (SPS), serving customers in a wide range of industries including: hygiene, home and personal care, paints and coatings, chemicals, crop protection, and other applications. Arxada was formed in 2021 when Lonza Specialty Ingredients merged with Troy Corporation in a transaction led by private equity investors Bain Capital and Cinven. The organization was rebranded under its new name Arxada in late 2021 and has since acquired another business, Enviro Tech Chemical Services, as part of its ongoing growth strategy.
Arxada is looking for a Category Manager, Oleochemical to be located in their Morristown, NJ office. This position is responsible for leading and assuming full accountability for Oleochemical Category to support all of Arxada’s businesses.
Experience & Requirements
• 7+ years of operations experience with 4-5 years in Procurement/Strategic Sourcing in a regulated industry.
• Strong market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers, including staying abreast of new technologies.
• Broad-based experience across supply chain, with particular focus in strategic sourcing, category management, contract management, and supplier performance management.
• Significant experience with spend analytics, e-sourcing, and contract management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management.
• Experience forecasting, budgeting, and leading periodic business planning processes.
• Experience in category management with a focus on of Total Cost of Ownership.
• Track record of year-over-year delivery of distinctive value from strategic supply chain activities.
• Negotiation skills consistent with executive level management and understanding of contractual negotiation; experienced in contract law and applicable local legislation.
• Extensive knowledge of risk-management strategies; expert-level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
• Strong project management skills, including stakeholder?, timeline?, and meeting management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.