HF Sinclair Corporation (HF Sinclair) is a diversified, innovative energy company that manufactures and sells products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel, specialty lubricant products, specialty chemicals, and specialty and modified asphalt, among others .HF Sinclair markets Elite Diesel and DINOCARE®, Sinclair’s TOP TIER™ gasoline, at more than 1,600 independent stations across 30 states in the U.S. HF Sinclair also owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah, Washington and Wyoming and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S. and Rocky Mountains, extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states.
• Develops relationships with key business owners to understand the short- and long-term goals and needs of the business related to assigned category (including demand, quality expectations, delivery needs and cost).
• Utilizes spend analysis to establish a detailed view of the current spend segmentation for assigned categories.
• Researches and benchmarks the market for assigned categories and develops a robust category management plan (including risks, trends, supply base, costs and competitors).
• Designs, implements, and manages multi-year strategies to meet business needs for assigned categories.
• Identifies and manages a portfolio of opportunities for the assigned categories.
• Plans, designs, executes and manages strategic sourcing activities with suppliers for various categories.
• Works with the applicable teams to negotiate category specific contracts.
• Designs and manages the company’s Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) process to ensure key suppliers meet the company’s business needs.
• Works with the procurement specialists to ensure supplier commitments are transacted per the terms of the agreements.
• Drives cross-site buy-in and compliance to category strategies and continuous improvement.
• Validates and monitors price adjustments and communicates changes to the affected stakeholders. Provides pricing forecast information as needed.
• Develops cost models for cost component comparisons in negotiations with suppliers.
Experience & Requirements
A minimum of five (5) years of procurement, supply chain, category management, strategic sourcing or contract management experience, or related project management and industry experience, is required.
• Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task complex
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications knowledge
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels.
• Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, time-management and organizational
skills. Proficient in procurement, cost containment, contract management
and reviewing contract language.
• Ability to effectively lead, coach and direct the work of other associates.