Founded in 1972, Four Wheel Campers, LLC (FWC), is an iconic and acclaimed manufacturer of off-road and overland pop-up truck campers. The company is the market leader in its category and sells its products directly to consumers and through a network of national and international dealerships as well as direct from two company-owned dealerships in California. In 2016, FWC was acquired by Salt Creek Capital, a San Francisco-based private equity firm, which focuses on supporting the growth of lower middle market companies.
The CEO will have full responsibility for the business and will lead a workforce of 82 employees. The CEO will partner with the management team, the Board of Directors and Salt Creek Capital on strategic planning, budgeting, capital allocation, financial structure optimization, and personnel requirements. The CEO will be accountable for the financial and service-level performance metrics of the business, including achieving year-over-year growth, and various KPIs and operations improvement targets. The CEO will be charged with preparing and leading the company towards a successful sale process in the next 3 to 5 years.
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of experience in senior leadership roles in a manufacturing company with P&L>$100 million and national distribution.
• Experience in investor backed and high growth environments strongly preferred. Experience positioning a company and leading a successful sale to a strategic buyer or investor.
• Experience developing and growing dealer channels and direct to consumer channels.
• Demonstrated experience driving financial and operational results in a rapidly expanding environment. Experience driving gains in market share, increasing share of customer wallet, and entry into new and targeted markets.
• Track record of improving revenue, EBITDA, and cash flow. Results oriented, with superior financial and analytical skills, and experience interfacing with Board and investors.
• Experience leading enterprise-level growth and commercial strategies and initiatives, including GTM strategies, strategic channel partnerships, M&A, sales, marketing, and pricing. Experience building and developing regional and national sales teams, and leveraging social platforms, influencers, and company website for measurable lead gen and ROI.
• Experience leading multiple functions simultaneously, including product development, manufacturing, supply chain, sales and business development, finance, HR, and IT/technology.
• Success instilling a KPI-driven approach to influence manufacturing, supply chain, and other operational aspects including safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Proven ability to develop talent and build a cohesive team focused on continuous improvement. A strong communicator who can map out and execute an operational strategy in support of growth plans.
• A strong and confident leader and decision maker, who can rally an organization around a vision while seeking guidance from stakeholders as appropriate.
• Superior presence, communications, and stakeholder management skills. Capable of interfacing up and down the organization, from field operations to the Board.
• Operates with a high sense of emotional intelligence and positivity. Respectful of the company culture and able to use ‘soft hands’ when appropriate to influence others and hold the organization accountable for performance.
• Has a strong connection to and embraces the mission and brand of the company.