Founded in 1883, PPG Industries is a global producer of paints, coatings, optical products, and specialty materials. With revenues of $15 billion, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than any other company. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and with more than 150 manufacturing locations and ~47,000 employees worldwide, PPG continues its mission to deliver high-quality, innovative and sustainable solutions that customers trust to protect and beautify their products and surroundings in over 70 countries.
To support the growth of the company, PPG is hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager to sit at each of the three following locations: Cleveland, OH, Oak Creek, WI, and Springdale, PA. The Continuous Improvement Manager at each location will work directly with manufacturing and corporate teams to define and drive an agenda and culture of Continuous Improvement to capture productivity and cost opportunities. The role will report into the Plant Manager and will be based in one of the three listed locations.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA / advanced degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of CI/operations leadership experience in a relatively sized manufacturing environment.
• Experience developing continuous improvement programs and applying concepts (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) to reduce cost and improve productivity; demonstrated track record of driving positive change.
• Develop CI project plans with plant management; identify needed resources, alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking.
• Expert financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; able to develop and evaluate business cases, baseline, and track operational KPIs, and manage budgets.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders/levels; track record of breaking down silos; demonstrated ability to manage and lead by influence.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• An energetic, pragmatic, assertive and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.