NMI is a leading global payment enablement platform, processing more than $180 billion in payments annually for over 3,200 partners and over 260,000 merchants around the world and across the entire commerce ecosystem. They innovate in order to power the next era of payments, building in the latest technology so ISVs, ISOs, banks and fintech innovators can focus on what they do best. NMI has offices in the US and UK and serves global customers.
NMI is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Compliance with a forward-looking perspective on the payments industry to join our team. In this role, you will be a critical leader in safeguarding our financial transactions and maintaining our reputation as a trusted payments company.
Reporting to NMI’s General Counsel, you will be directly involved in developing and growing a team of the appropriate size and scope to help NMI achieve its current and future business objectives. This role requires a 360-degree view of payments risk management and applicable operating rules and regulations to ensure NMI, our partners, and our providers act cohesively to sustain a robust controls environment.
Taking an end-to-end view of NMI’s product offerings and working closely with cross-functional technical and business leaders, you will shape our risk management strategies, policies, and operating procedures for underwriting, transactional risk management, dispute resolution, partner and vendor risk management, and regulatory compliance. As the Director, you will promote a culture of risk and compliance awareness throughout the company by creating and supporting the development of training and education on risk policies, practices, and industry guidelines.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree and specific industry certification such as Certified Anti-Money
Laundering Specialist (CAMS), NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO), or
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) required, JD preferred
• 5-10 years of Regulatory Compliance, Payments Risk Management, or similar
experience in a financial services organization, including five or more years of
experience at a payments provider company
• Visionary mindset with the ability to anticipate industry shifts and their impact on risk
• Experience in managing compliance, risk, and underwriting programs for payment
• Demonstrated ability to use data to explain complex topics clearly to drive confident
• Excellent communication skills to clearly explain complex situations and
recommendations without diluting critical information
• Capable of effortlessly multitasking and managing competing priorities under
• Ability to learn quickly, manage projects, and drive/achieve results
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment, moving from individual
contributor to leader as the situation requires
• Experience in hiring and developing teams to achieve efficient scale