Uline is the leading distributor of shipping, packaging, industrial, and janitorial materials to businesses throughout North America, with over 40,000 products offered via same-day shipping. Founded in 1980, Uline is a family-owned company that has grown to $11 billion in revenue and more than 9,000 employees. The company operates 13 warehouse locations throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico, with 14 sales offices.
Uline seeks to hire a Corporate Safety Director to develop, implement and manage Uline’s safety program, policies, and procedures. The Director will set annual safety objectives and targets, spearhead and direct the execution of safety initiatives, monitor and audit progress and results, and recommend policies and procedures refinements to reduce safety risks and occupational health issues and promote a safety-first culture. Additionally, the Director will ensure safety programs meet OSHA requirements and Uline’s standards and will partner with Human Resources to execute workers’ compensation programs. This role leads a Corporate and field-based Safety team, reports directly to the Vice President, Distribution, and is based at company headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Experience & Requirements
• 6+ years developing, implementing and / or managing a safety program in a warehouse or distribution environment.
• Strong negotiation skills with safety professionals, regulatory and / or industry organizations.
• OSHA experience on a state or federal level required. CAL OSHA experience preferred.
• Workers’ compensation experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A track record of improving health & safety performance and further developing these capabilities and talents in complex business environments.
• Able to work across levels and comfortable stepping in and working hands-on. Has a low-ego and genuine excitement and energy for the values and mission of the business. Earns his/her relevance across the organization through relationship building and a real sense of service.
• Exhibits a natural bias for action and a focus on results delivery and customer service. Moves with a sense of urgency and easily anticipates next steps, follow-up actions and leadership direction.
• Lives in commuting distance to Pleasant Prairie, WI or willing to relocate. Able to travel to Uline’s branch and international locations to support operations.