Resource Label Group “RLG” is a leading, full-service manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels, shrink sleeves and RFID/NFC technology with ~$375M annual revenue. The company provides custom label design and converting services using flexographic and digital printing presses. RLG serves over 6,000 customers across North America in diverse end-markets that include food and beverage, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and industrials. They embrace complexity, large SKUs and short lead times to ensure full-service solutions that have national reach with a local touch. RLG currently operates 23 production facilities and employs over 3000 people. It is headquartered in Franklin, TN.
RLG’s customer service operations are currently decentralized; there are approximately 150 FTEs distributed locally at the manufacturing sites that are performing customer service functions. Roles, functional responsibilities, processes, and technology differ by site, leading to inconsistent customer experiences by location.
With the current and planned level of M&A activity, RLG is seeking to hire a new Director of Customer Service for the development and execution of the organization’s enterprise-wide customer service strategy and process standardization. The Director, Customer Service will be responsible for (1) leading a transformation of the customer service function, including developing standardized processes, implementing enabling technology, and clearly defining the roles within the organization; and (2) installing a more strategic and metrics-driven approach to the function, including implementing KPIs and lean initiatives. The new Director will report to the Vice President of Supply Chain and ideally be based at company headquarters in Franklin, TN.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 10 years of professional experience. Experience in packaging, labeling, and/or printing industries preferred but not required.
• Broad-based experience across customer service. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of the broader supply chain and sales functions.
• Track record of successfully managing multiple complex initiatives and work streams in parallel and delivering results against time sensitive deadlines.
• Experience leading integration initiatives in a highly acquisitive environment.
• Strong project management skills, including stakeholder?, timeline?, and meeting management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers.
• Ability to ‘zoom in’ to the details and ‘zoom out’ to set and understand strategy. Willing and able to “go deep” on individual projects to accelerate results.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management.
• Trained or experienced in a well-respected business system and/or CI methodology such as TPS, DBS, LEAN, Six Sigma, etc. preferred but not required.
• Expert-level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, hands-on, self-demanding and proactive individual; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ability to travel as needed to assess plant level teams.