Arctos Partners is a private investment firm focused on transforming select markets by providing growth capital and liquidity solutions to industry-leading platforms and ownership groups. Founded in late 2019, Arctos first began investing in professional sports franchises and related assets across the global sports landscape. Arctos works with innovative and visionary ownership groups and leagues across North American professional sports and European soccer. With a team of nearly 40 investment and operational professionals and offices in Dallas, New York, and London, Arctos strives to unlock non-obvious opportunities long before others have noticed the market need or opportunity. In addition to the provision of liquidity solutions and growth capital by Arctos, Arctos’ partners are able to leverage the deep industry knowledge and operational expertise of Arctos’ executive team, data science platform and operating advisors to help drive additional value.
Arctos is the first firm to be approved by and execute deals across multiple sports leagues, including the NBA, MLB, NHL, and MLS, and to date, has invested in more than 20 sports franchises and adjacent businesses. It is public knowledge that Arctos has successfully raised more than $2B for its first Arctos sports fund (Fund I) and has just exceeded the $2B mark for Fund II.
With the firm’s rapid growth, Arctos is seeking their first Director of Compliance to build the compliance function. The Director will be responsible for the implementation of all firm policies/procedures and ensure that all compliance calendar obligations are met. This leader will report to the CFO/CCO, John Vedro, and will be based out of the Dallas, TX headquarters.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; Law, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Business, or related discipline required. Juris Doctorate is a plus.
• A minimum of ~7 years of experience across the financial and legal services industry; experience within the Private Equity or Venture Capital space is strongly preferred.
• Solid understanding of current and proposed regulatory environment; SEC registration, regulatory filing obligations (Form ADV and PF), audit/exams, Code of Ethics.
• Knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of ’40, Investment Company Act of ’40, Securities Act of ’33, and all other applicable US Securities Law is required.
• Knowledge of private funds (structure and regulations) is required.
• Proven track record of conducting annual compliance reviews; underwriting compliance policies and procedures. Able to implement forensic testing and compliance training programs.
• Strong financial, quantitative, and analytical skills. Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to translate complex topics, policies, or rules within the compliance function to external constituencies within the financial and non-financial staff.
• Displays a high level of problem-solving skills; invites, challenges, and explores new ideas while understanding and communicating risks.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders; proactive and reliable in nature; wired for a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Passionate about the sports industry and adjacent markets.