DirectMed is one of the largest diagnostics imaging parts and repair providers in the world. The company specializes in replacement parts for MRI and CT machines, with a primary focus on major OEMS, including GE, Philips, and Siemens. DirectMed has over 60,000 parts in stock to support its customer base, which includes health systems, imaging centers, independent service organizations (“ISOs”) and parts suppliers.
DirectMed has outlined strategic objectives around operations, engineering, and further market penetration to support continued growth goals and geographic expansion. To capitalize on recent investments, DirectMed seeks to hire a Director of Engineering to professionalize the function by doubling the company’s component level repair capabilities and instilling a culture of continuous improvement. The role will lead all technical, reverse engineering, and remanufacturing activities for the company and oversee its current team of six engineers and technicians. The ideal candidate will possess: (1) experience leading engineering programs in a manufacturing, repair, and/or assembly environment of comparable scale and complexity; (2) demonstrated results leading lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives; (3) experience building, developing, and leading high-performing engineering teams; and (4) a track record of results through action, motivation, and influence to drive culture change.
This role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is based in San Diego, CA.
DirectMed seeks to hire a Director of Engineering to professionalize the function by building and expanding the company’s parts repair capabilities and instilling a culture of continuous improvement. The role will lead all technical, reverse engineering and remanufacturing activities for the company and oversee a current team of six engineers and technicians.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of experience in engineering or operations functions supporting manufacturing, assembly, or repair.
• Experience in medical device or regulated environments preferred.
• Experience developing and institutionalizing disciplined engineering standards.
• Experience applying Lean manufacturing concepts to reduce cost and improve productivity with a demonstrated track record of driving positive change.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills, comfortable and credible with both internal and external audiences.
• A collaborative individual with interpersonal skills to build support, influence action, and drive culture change
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.