Consolidated Precision Products Corp. (CPP) is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered components and subassemblies primarily for the commercial aerospace and defense markets. Founded in 1991, CPP is one of the world’s largest aerospace casting manufacturers and offers both sand and investment casting capabilities. The company specializes in producing complex, mission-critical components for a variety of leading commercial and military aircraft and regional/business jets, as well as industrial gas turbines. CPP has long-standing relationships with a wide range of global, blue-chip customers including General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt and Whitney, and Lockheed Martin on platforms such as the Boeing 737, 777, and 787, Airbus A320, A340, and A380 and the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
CPP is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employs ~3,000 team members, and has been backed since 2011 by Warburg Pincus and by Berkshire Partners since 2019.
CPP is currently seeking a new Director of Engineering to provide overall leadership to the engineering function for their Minneapolis operations, a 200,000 sq ft foundry & 35,000 sq ft pattern and machine shop. The Director of Engineering will play a role in assuring that planned profitability is achieved by providing engineering guidance to preproduction & production projects. The role is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and will oversee an organization of eight with four direct reports including a Plant Metallurgist, a Manufacturing Process Engineer (CI), a Tooling Supervisor, and a Product Engineering Manager. This is a staff-level position and will report directly to the General Manager.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 15 years of previous experience in an engineering role is required for this position, along with at least 5 years of leadership experience.
• Previous experience in casting/forging or aerospace manufacturing environments required.
• Collaborated with other departments within the organization to maintain or restore working relationships with customers.
• Experience driving scrap reduction initiatives/projects in partnership with operations preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others through both direct and indirect networks; a consensus builder and change agent.
• Led a team with varying levels of experience, delivering coaching & mentorship as needed
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, manage, and develop top talent within the organization, a natural mentor.