In August of 2022, Gentiva (fka Kindred at Home Hospice) was carved out of Humana Inc. and is the largest hospice provider in the United States, with over 30,000 caregivers providing hospice, palliative, and personal care services to patients. It currently operates over 380 hospice sites, several palliative care sites, and 50 personal care sites across the country.
Following the acquisition by Clayton, Dublilier, & Rice, Gentiva is investing in the development of their procurement team. To support that effort, Gentiva is seeking to hire a Director of Procurement. This role will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Director and VP of Procurement in contracting and category management, as well as driving savings efforts of HR, Benefits Administration and other indirect services from vendors. The position is located at company headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Experience & Requirements
• 7+ years of procurement operations experience within a respected company (3+ years of direct negotiations and contracting experience)
• Excellent negotiation and contracting skills; extensive knowledge of supply risk-management strategies; expert-level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Broad-based procurement experience focused in enabling technologies, contract management, supplier performance management
• Depth of indirect category experience, ideally including clinical, HR and benefits administration vendors
• Functional understanding of purchase-to-pay processes, including the value and use of system enablement
• Health services experience preferred
• Experience executing procurement strategies across dispersed operations and facilities
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain internal relationships; has institutionalized the procurement function
• Past success with procurement optimization and continuous improvement initiatives
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others