Liberty Dental is a privately held dental benefits corporation. Liberty currently administers dental benefits to approximately 5 million members across the United States. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Irvine, California, Liberty Dental has grown to over 1200 total employees. In March 2022, Liberty Dental was acquired by the Private Equity Firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson, & Stowe.
Liberty Dental is seeking to scale its model to new key markets, with a targeted growth of over 35% to its total membership in the next 12 months. To support this rapid expansion, the company is investing in its first Director of Procurement to build and operationalize centralized sourcing policies and initiatives while supporting the growth of the function and business long-term. The new leader will oversee all indirect categories with over 300 key vendors across IT, HR, travel, insurance, and facilities. The Director will report to the CFO and be based in the Irvine, CA headquarters with a hybrid work model.
Experience & Requirements
• 5-10+ years of professional experience in a leading organization, preferably within the supply chain function.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred; supply chain or purchasing certification preferred.
• Experience leading enterprise-wide indirect spend programs; formulating or communicating strategic plans for procurement to internal stakeholders.
• Track record of scaling sourcing and procurement operations in growth-oriented environments; experience building processes, systems, and organization capability; proven year-over-year delivery of distinctive value.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others through both direct and indirect networks; a consensus builder and change agent.
• Emphasis on experience negotiating with and managing supply relationships with vendors in the technology industry; including an understanding of contract law in the technology industry.
• Expert-level financial and analytical skills; experience with business and supplier performance reporting; able to measure, communicate, and connect procurement results to EBITDA.
• Expert understanding of purchasing policies, procedures, practices, and the value and use of ERP systems.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding, and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.