Nouryon is a leading global specialty chemicals company with $5+ billion in revenue, 7,600+ employees, and 60+ factories and sales across 80+ countries. Nouryon was formed in 2018 when AkzoNobel sold its specialty chemicals business to the private equity firm The Carlyle Group. The company has its global headquarters in Amsterdam, US headquarters near Philadelphia, and integrated services office based in Houston. Nouryon produces a wide array of specialty chemicals with diverse applications, including agriculture & food, home & personal care, paints & coatings, building & construction, oil & gas, paper & packaging, and polymers. Their unique product portfolio includes cellulosic, organic peroxides, bleaching chemicals, expandable microspheres, and surfactants with leading brands such as Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Nouryon is seeking a Director of Procurement Excellence to develop the processes, systems, and capabilities to support the procurement transformation and deliver maximum value to the enterprise. The Director will build systems and tools to transform procurement into a data-centric organization, including improving SAP and Ariba for maximum efficiency, and overseeing shared service centers and Center of Excellence hubs. This role will align procurement’s strategic roadmap with the broader Integrated Supply Chain strategy and Nouryon’s overarching transformation and growth objectives. The Director will lead a team of 4 direct reports and a total organization of ~10.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years work experience of strategic, project and operational procurement, including 5+ years of global leadership.
• Chemical/petrochemical background preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change.
• Systems expertise in SAP and Ariba; expertise leveraging systems and tools to enable change and improve efficiency.
• Strong business acumen and ability to connect procurement to Integrated Supply Chain and enterprise-wide objectives.
• Ability to prioritize and strong decision-making skills.
• Effective communication & collaboration skills with the ability to engage people at all levels.
• Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationships internal and external.
• Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Process minded and experience in continuous improvement.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and building organizational alignment.
• Skills (soft & hard) to motivate and accelerate teams by growing talent and increasing output and results.
• Expertise with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, PowerBI) and SAP & Ariba