Founded in 1998, Quantum Capital Group (Quantum) is one of the leading global providers of private capital to the global energy industry. Quantum, with its affiliates, has managed over $23 billion in capital under stewardship since its inception. Quantum pursues a disciplined yet creative approach to investing across the Sustainable Energy Ecosystem, including the responsibly sourced energy and energy transition & decarbonization sectors.
Quantum seeks to hire a Head of Procurement & Supply Chain to augment, enhance, and drive results from their evolving leveraged procurement program. The Head will be a member of the technical team, responsible for the strategic planning, execution, and management of Quantum’s procurement initiative.
The Head will collaborate with senior leaders in Quantum’s portfolio companies to enhance and further develop cross-portfolio preferred partner contracts and procurement capabilities, as well as establish KPIs and coordinated business review meetings to drive continuous improvement. In addition, the Head will develop and deliver cross-portfolio “products” such as community best practice sharing, category/supplier benchmarking, training, etc. The Head will report to the Managing Director, Technical, and ideally be based at Quantum headquarters in Houston.
Experience & Requirements
A minimum of 15 years of professional experience, with at least 10 years in the sourcing, procurement, and/or supply chain function and at least 5 years in leadership positions. Experience working in the Energy sector and knowledge of sector-specific categories is highly preferred.
• Experience leading enterprise-wide spend management and analytics, strategic category planning, strategic sourcing, negotiating, and contracting within both indirect and direct spend categories.
Experience leading leveraged sourcing initiatives across multiple portfolio companies, business units or divisions.
• Experience managing the performance of key vendors and driving toward ESG goals.
• Experience driving compliance to P2P operations and systems, including notable results governance, contract compliance, and spend under management.
• Knowledge of supply chain management, planning, inventory management, distribution, and logistics to drive inventory and/or delivery results.
• Experience in management consulting within a procurement practice area is preferred but not required.
• Experience working with PE sponsors (either as an operator or a consultant) is preferred but not required.
• Proven success in ‘leads-by-influence’ roles; able to operate without direct authority. Willing to step back from direct management of a team to lead as an individual contributor over a portfolio-wide procurement program to influence and guide procurement and management teams to set and meet their own company objectives.
• Ability to maintain a large set of connections across multiple functions in many portfolio companies.
• Ability to “connect the dots” based on interests, previous experiences, and spend data.