PureField Ingredients (~$150M revenue, $20M EBITDA) produces quality food ingredients and biofuels from pure, natural Midwest grains. PureField operates two integrated plants in Russell, Kansas, including the largest vital wheat gluten manufacturing facility in North America, delivering high quality, high protein ingredients to leading consumer food and pet food manufacturers, and one of the most cost-efficient and lowest carbon intensity ethanol production facilities in the United States, serving the West Coast markets where low carbon fuel is in high demand. PureField also converts production byproducts into animal nutrition products that are high sources of protein and fiber.
To support their growth plans, PureField is seeking a Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance to lead and manage the current Food Safety and Quality processes and programs. This person will oversee the audit processes, document control, and customer complaints all within this B2B business while driving improvements across the organization. Reporting to the VP of Operations and leading a team of 5, this person will have the opportunity to continue building out and coaching the team. This role is based onsite in Russell, Kansas.
Experience & Requirements
• 8+ years of experience in Food Safety, Quality, and/or Food manufacturing.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control & Recall programs) and associated standards that include risk management, product testing, capability studies and control plans.
• Experience in FDA/cGMP regulated manufacturing environments required (food & beverage, ingredients).
• Expertise in leading enterprise-wide Total Quality Systems.
• Experiencing managing a team of FSQA professionals including lab technicians and quality professionals.
• Expertise in processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing for on-going quality assurance using SPC, CTQ, etc.
• Experience successfully overseeing inspections by the FDA as well as state authorities such as the NSF, UL, USP, and OU Kosher.
• Ability to manage all aspects of consumer complaints and reporting on tracking trends, monthly reviews, CAPA reports, etc.
• Defines and measures metrics to drive results, analyzes data effectively.
• Excels in high-velocity environments, comfortable stepping in and rolling up his/her sleeves when necessary.
• Skilled in written and verbal communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work onsite at the Russell, Kansas facility.
• Experience with SQF/GFSI required.