Multi-Color Corporation (MCC) is a leading global manufacturer of prime label solutions, serving the consumer products, food & beverage, home care, and specialty industrial markets. In July 2021, private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) announced the acquisition of MCC and its intent to merge the company with The Fort Dearborn Company (FDC), the third-largest label producer in North America, which had been owned by private equity investor Advent International since 2017. The combined company creates the world’s largest label producer, with operations in 27 countries. Kevin Kwilinski, former CEO of FDC, will assume the role of CEO and the company will adopt the MCC name. The new MCC has ~$3.3 billion in global revenue, ~90 global manufacturing locations, and ~11,000 team members.
As the newly combined organization continues to evolve, MCC is seeking a Director, Strategic Initiatives tasked with defining, executing, tracking, and reporting on the company’s strategic initiatives and M&A integration program. The new Director will assist in the phase-out of external consulting resources by directly owning; (1) Enterprise-level core program management, (2) Ongoing M&A support and, (3) Strategic planning and deployment, leveraging a metrics-driven approach to communicate and monitor results across the enterprise.
The role will lead a team of 2 Project Managers and report directly to the Chief Transformation Officer. The ideal location for the role will be Elk Grove Village, IL (near Chicago).
Experience & Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in complex cross-functional role for a manufacturing enterprise that is at least $500 million annual revenue in size.
• Past experience managing other employees: setting goals, ensuring timely deliverables, and coaching as needed.
• Project Management experience and certifications.
• Familiarity with financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement) and experience in connecting business activities to financial impacts.
• Data analysis and ability to manage large data sets in spreadsheets, databases, and other tools.
• Strong analytical and data-based problem-solving skills and a history of developing solutions to complex issues by taking into consideration organization structure and staffing, business processes, and IT systems.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and bring clarity to situations that are complex and unclear.
• Attention to detail. Ability to report on detailed plans with qualitative and quantitative metrics.
• Creative, out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate in writing and speech across all levels of the organization.
• Willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and get work done; this position requires tactical, hands-on execution and a personal drive for results.