Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest professional self-performing power sweeping and jetvac service company in the United States. The company operates an 800+ unit fleet across 55 locations in 21 states. SCA is backed by Warburg Pincus and has grown both organically. Since the start of 2021, SCA has made 13 key acquisitions, with more planned in the near future.
To support its growth, SCA seeks to hire a new General Manager to oversee operations for the Tennessee District, a $15M P&L and 6 sites. In addition to direct management of operations and safety, the General Manager has indirect responsibility for divisional Finance, Human Resources, Business Development and EH&S, which matrix into corresponding corporate leadership. Based in Nashville, TN, this role will also be the local market facing executive and reports to the Regional Vice President .
The central challenge of the role is to sustain business unit excellence in the company on two fronts: a) revenue and profitability growth and b) operations efficiency, safety, customer service, and budget achievement.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of experience that includes progressive, operational leadership, including P&L responsibility, within a specialized fleet/field service organization.
• Demonstrated ability to manage an extended span of control with multiple sites and multiple business lines.
• Experience implementing safety (FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, & EPA) programs and equipment specifications is preferred but not required.
• Experience servicing municipal customers, such as state and local departments of transportation and their local construction partners.
• Ability to engage and influence at the local government level to maintain and/or drive revenue.
• Able to work up, down, and across field-based organizations; connects well at all levels, i.e., field, management, executives.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success, and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Able to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy within the business unit.
• Significant experience forecasting budgets and leading monthly, quarterly, and/or annual business planning processes.
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking, and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
• A natural mentor and recognized thought leader; demonstrated ability to develop top talent.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual.