Nouryon is a leading global specialty chemicals company with $5B+ revenue, 7600+ employees, and 60+ factories across 80+ countries. Nouryon was formed in 2018 when AkzoNobel sold its specialty chemicals business to the private equity firm The Carlyle Group. The company has its global headquarters in Amsterdam, US headquarters near Philadelphia, and integrated services office based in Houston. Nouryon produces a wide array of specialty chemicals with diverse applications, including agriculture & food, home & personal care, paints & coatings, building & construction, oil & gas, paper & packaging, and polymers. Their unique product portfolio includes cellulosic, organic peroxides, bleaching chemicals, expandable microspheres, and surfactants with leading brands such as Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
The Global Process Owner is responsible for oversight and governance of the end-to-end Procure to Pay (P2P) process. The P2P process includes vendor set up and maintenance, requisition and purchase order generation, goods receipt, and invoice processing through payment, including issue resolution ownership and automation. The position will work globally across functions as well as across geographic and business boundaries. It plays a key role in end-to-end process strategy, global process design, performance monitoring, technology roadmap, and long-range planning. The Global Process Owner P2P reports to the Vice President, Finance/Chief Accounting Officer with a dotted line to the Chief Procurement Officer. This role will have 3 direct reports (with potential to build up to team of 5) focused on P2P process excellence activities.
Experience & Requirements
• Strong business process improvement orientation with a history of designing and implementing within a global organization
• Global business and cross-functional leadership and change management experience
• Must have expertise with core business applications (SAP, Ariba, etc.)
• Executive presence, excellent influencing skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both orally and in written communication
• Strong quantitative, analytical, decision making and organizational skills
• A self-starter with the ability to think, act/execute on a strategic level combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details
• Functional knowledge of Requisitioning, Procurement and Invoicing processes