Founded in 1985, Sellars Absorbent Materials (Sellars) has grown to be a leading manufacturer of shop towels, disposable wipers, sorbents, and towel and tissue. As one of only two DRC (Double Re-Creped) manufacturers in the world, Sellars has developed a strong brand and a diversified list of “blue chip” private label customers. Throughout its history, Sellars has remained committed to innovation and sustainability, with over 50 U.S. and international patents and a product line manufactured with predominantly recycled and renewable input materials. Sellars is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and employs ~230 people across five manufacturing and distribution locations.
Sellars continues to experience organic growth ahead of the market and is investing to mature its marketing function and capabilities. This role will lead the company’s transformation from a historical sales-driven company to a marketing-first organization. This leader will have three direct reports: a Marketing Communications Manager, a Product Manager, and an Art Director. This position will be based in Wisconsin and will report to the CIO and Head of Customer Experience who reports directly to the CEO.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 7+ years of professional experience in marketing, merchandising, innovation, and/or product development
• Related experience in nonwovens and/or paper products
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field required, MBA preferred
• Great commercial acumen and proven track record of success translating brand and strategy positioning into tactical marketing plans that drive customer growth
• Successful track record creating best-in-class, digital marketing capabilities and programs to drive brand affinity and sales
• Strong leadership skills with a broad range of stakeholders and management of these stakeholders from a consumer, channel, and business perspective
• Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Displays a high level of initiative; invites, challenges, and explores new ideas while understanding and communicating risks