Pine Environmental Services LLC is a professional service company, engaged in providing rental equipment in the U.S. and Canada for environmental monitoring, non-destructive testing, visual inspection, as well as continuous emissions monitoring (CEM). With over 35 strategically located facilities across the United States and Canada, Pine is an established market leader with a diverse and growing network of blue-chip environmental consultant and asset integrity customers. Pine currently has ~400 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
In December 2019, ACON Investments acquired Pine Environmental Services LLC from Saw Mill Capital. ACON’s investment will provide the partnership needed to accelerate future growth and expansion focused on improving environmental, health, and safety standards.
Pine Environmental Services is shifting from a historically operationally focused sales organization to a more strategic, customer facing function that will be focused on driving demand and executing branch-level growth plans and business strategies to maximize market opportunities and drive profitable growth while identifying new verticals and products for portfolios.
To support this growth agenda, Pine seeks to hire a new Head of Sales to evolve the commercial function, implementing a data-driven approach to sales management. The position is responsible for building and growing the existing sales team (~30) to ensure consistency across branches. The Head of Sales will lead the end-to-end sales process, including value proposition development through data analysis, sales team design, and an integrated account planning process. This includes sales team management and operational leadership in addition to KPI definition and tracking, pipeline management, and reporting.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 15 years of commercial leadership experience in industrial or environmental services companies, preferably in distributed, business-to-business sales environments.
• Experience building, implementing, and leading strategic and operational sales processes (e.g., customer segmentation and sales analytics, sales process, tools and systems, metrics and dashboards, compensation/incentive structures, organization structures and resource plans, training and development).
• Proven track record of revenue growth through sales leadership, awareness building, and customer development.
• Business acumen and financial skills, with the ability to analyze and effectively interpret financial, sales, marketing, customer, and pro forma information for effective decision making.
• Strong leadership skills and proven judgement of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performing teams across sales, marketing, and customer service.
• The ability to influence, lead, and manage a geographically dispersed sales team within a complex organization.
• Manages change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of internal stakeholders; collaborative and team oriented.
• Polished executive presence and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with executive audiences.
• Entrepreneurial by nature with a ‘hands-on style;’ a resourceful and effective problem-solver.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; able to work in a fast-paced, private-equity sponsored environment.