In January 2020, Imperial Dade acquired American Paper and Plastics (APP). Headquartered in City of Industry, CA, American Paper & Plastics is a leading distributor of food service and janitorial products. With nearly 40 years of experience serving the California market, the company has built a strong reputation for its knowledgeable sales force, wide range of products, and high level of customer service.
American Paper and Provisions has over 17,000 items in its product portfolio and offers the largest supply of planet-friendly products in the United States. APP primarily serves restaurants, caterers, schools, hotels, hospitals, & grocery stores with next-day delivery across California and part of Nevada. APP has two branches in CA; a recently expanded 300,000 sq ft warehouse in City of Industry and a 30,000 sq ft satellite facility in San Leandro
The American Paper and Plastics Branch Manager will have 5 direct reports: an HR Manager, a Purchasing Manager, an Accounting Manager, a Director of Operations, and a Customer Service Manager. This leader will report to the Regional President, West, and work closely with Regional Sales and Regional Operations counterparts. This Branch Manager will be responsible for an overall team of 180 resources as well as the P&L of this division (~$130M in sales annually).
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of experience that includes progressive leadership responsibilities including P&L management, preferred experience in wholesale distribution or service provider environments
• Experience in a competitive market that requires high levels of customer service with many small/medium-sized customers
• Process and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success, and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives
• A natural mentor: demonstrated ability to develop talent, recruit and lead cross-functional teams, and foster a collaborative culture
• Experience forecasting, budgeting, and leading quarterly and annual business planning processes
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding, and proactive individual; a natural bias for action with the ability to deal with ambiguity