Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest, professional self-performing power-sweeping and JetVac service company in the United States. The company operates a 1200+ unit fleet across 65 locations, in 21 states.
Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, SCA self-performs power sweeping for highways, streets, industrial, and commercial applications, for both private and government entities. SCA is backed by Warburg Pincus and has grown both organically and inorganically. Since the start of 2021, SCA has made 23 key acquisitions, with more planned in the near future.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for the Texas-region’s fleet management program, which is now comprised of 100 trucks across 6 locations. This role will have 15 direct reports and report to the District Manager of Texas.
The central challenge of the role is to implement fleet and maintenance best practices, set KPI’s for fleet management, ensure correct utilization, and proactively troubleshoot equipment needs to ensure safe, reliable fleet operations within the Texas region.
Experience & Requirements
• 7+ years of experience that includes progressive operational and technical leadership, including fleet and/or maintenance responsibility, within a distributed field service organization.
• Expertise in maintenance operations, including fleet planning, acquisition and disposition, procurement, maintenance planning/operations, equipment testing, maintenance facility design and construction, material/parts acquisition and storage, maintenance records systems management, insurance/risk management, and fleet vehicle/driver/technician safety.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale change initiatives and prior leadership experience driving fleet maintenance transformation within a large enterprise.
• Experienced operationalizing leading fleet maintenance programs, ideally for both rolling and heavy iron assets.
• Experienced implementing effective performance metrics which continually advance the business and more specifically the fleet management function.
• Familiar with the application of information technology to improve fleet maintenance programs and fleet maintenance operations.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence across diverse stakeholders within a fast-paced, geographically dispersed environment.
• Able to work up, down, and across field-based organizations; connects well at all levels, i.e., field, management, executives.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual.
• Ability to travel regionally as needed.