Uniform Advantage is a high-growth retailer of medical scrubs. Since it was founded in 1985, Uniform Advantage has grown from one retail location in South Florida to nearly 30 stores across the US. The company has also built a strong eCommerce business that makes up over 95% of its annual revenue. Through its eCommerce channel, Uniform Advantage ships directly to customer homes and ships bulk orders to hospitals and clinics that order uniforms for their employees. The company retails over 100k different SKUs including some custom apparel.
Uniform Advantage has created a new Inventory Control Manager position to support continued growth. This leader will oversee daily functions to validate inventory levels throughout the facility, conduct root cause analysis, and manage continuous improvement initiatives to resolve the issues that lead to inventory inaccuracy and/or process inefficiency.
The Manager will lead a team of ~7 direct reports and partner with all department leaders, including many at the corporate offices. The role reports to the Sr. Director of Operations and will be based in Uniform Advantage’s distribution center in Lithia Springs, Georgia.
Experience & Requirements
• Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree required; Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Management background preferred
• At least 2-5 years of experience in Warehousing; Inventory Control; or Materials Management in a distribution environment.
• Previous eCommerce or Distribution experience preferred.
• Expertise in best-practice order fulfillment standards and metrics including customer order fill rates, productivity (e.g. orders per work hour per manning station), inventory turnover, excess and short-dated inventory management, forecast accuracy, and quality.
• Experience and training in continuous improvement systems and principles; LEAN, TPS, Six Sigma, etc.
• Power Equipment Certified.
• Process driven and aptitude to implement tools to help streamline growing business pains.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• Highly detail oriented and organized; ability to work independently and employ effective time management skills.
• Hands-on player/coach; strong results orientation; continuous improvement and customer service mindset.