INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines (“Waukesha”) is a $400+ million business unit of INNIO, the leading manufacturer of large, stationary reciprocating engines for oil & gas and power generation industries, with over 20,000 installed units worldwide. Waukesha engines are designed to run under high-stress conditions in isolated, mission-critical, and demanding environments. In addition to their diverse portfolio of reciprocating gas engines, Waukesha provides life cycle support to installed base engines through a parts and service network in more than 100 countries. The business is headquartered in Waukesha, WI (Greater Milwaukee), with operations and offices in Waukesha, Houston, TX, and Welland, Ontario.
INNIO is seeking a Plant Quality Manager for its state-of-the-art, ISO-certified flagship site. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this Manager will oversee the quality processes and team, which is comprised of 15 direct reports. The role is based on-site in Welland, ON, and relocation assistance will be provided if required.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required, preference for Engineering degree or related. ASQ Certificates, a plus.
• At least five years of experience in a machining and/or assembly manufacturing environment. Experience in automotive OEM or Tier 1 preferred.
• Experience creating specifications, standards, protocols, and procedures for quality control in manufacturing, engineering, and new product development.
• Experience and training in Continuous Improvement systems and principles; LEAN, Six Sigma, etc., and a track record of applying these to resolve operational quality issues.
• Experience implementing and monitoring of program performance, verification and validation methods used in the PPAP process, including experience with statistical and process improvement tools such as root cause analysis, auditing, six sigma, statistical chart preparation and coordination required.
• Experience overseeing and maintaining ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001: 2015, and ISO 50001:2018 requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain, manage, and develop top talent; a natural mentor.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others through both direct and indirect networks; a consensus builder and change agent.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.