INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines (“Waukesha”) is a $400+ million business unit of INNIO, the leading manufacturer of large, stationary reciprocating engines for oil & gas and power generation industries. INNIO is backed by Advent International.
The Sr. Manager of Material Management will have direct responsibility for the planning and buying team, consisting of 10-15 direct reports across two main locations (Welland, ON and Waukesha, WI). This leader will be responsible for ensuring adequate material stream to meet customer demand and inventory goals, acting as the pivot point and liaison between the Demand leader, Schedulers, Customer Service teams, Logistics members and Buyers to plan and prioritize incoming material with the planning team based on changing demand requirements or supplier capacity. This role is one that utilizes leadership strength, functional expertise, analytical thinking, and the ability to adapt and prioritize quickly. This position reports to the VP of Supply Chain and can be based in either the Welland, ON or Waukesha, WI facilities.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with supply chain focus or related field (or 10+ years of comparable industry experience)
• 5+ years direct experience working with Material Requirements Planning module
• Direct experience working in a manufacturing or in a shop floor environment
• Direct experience leading and implementing Lean/Continuous Improvement projects
• Direct experience working with suppliers and purchase order management
• High degree of functional knowledge on developing and tracking KPIs
• Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions and be a results-oriented self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence people across a complex matrixed
organization, drive change at all levels of the organization, and excel in fast paced business environment
• Demonstrate high integrity, both in business and personally, and viewed as trustworthy by all members of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach, develop and teach through others
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment