Francisco Partners is a leading global investment firm that specializes in partnering with technology and technology-enabled businesses by providing transformational capital to companies facing strategic or operational inflection points. With $45 billion of capital raised to date, Francisco Partners is one of the largest and most active technology-focused private equity firms in the world.
Consistently ranking as a top performing organization, Francisco Partners was recognized as the #1 performer on the HEC Paris-Dow Jones Private Equity Performance Ranking in 2020 and #2 in 2021. They were also ranked 6th in the GrowthCap top 25 Private Equty Firms in 2022.
Today, Francisco Partners has ownership positions in 60+ companies internationally, pursuing investments with transaction values ranging from $20 million to over $3 billion across a wide range of transaction types.
Francisco Partners is seeking to add a Senior Operating Advisor to their team with a focus on individual company and cross-portfolio leveraged sourcing. The Senior Operating Advisor will drive cross-portfolio sourcing, manage addressable spend, and execute strategic procurement initiatives across the portfolio companies. The Senior Operating Advisor will join an existing team of operations leaders with success measured on overall portfolio EBITDA and spend penetration across new and existing portfolio companies. The Sr. Operating Advisor will be responsible for the following:
Engage with Francisco Partners portfolio companies to expand and drive results through the established leveraged procurement function,
Partner with Francisco Partners portfolio companies to diagnose, set-up, and drive a sustainable procurement transformation,
Partner with portfolio company management and Francisco Partners deal teams to drive the value creation plans and
In collaboration with other members of the organization, identify, develop and implement cross-portfolio spend programs.
This Sr. Operating Advisor role will work across the entire Francisco Partners portfolio and, for the successful candidate, serve as a pathway to Operating Partner within the organization.
Experience & Requirements
• Strategic sourcing expert/athlete; hands-on, direct leadership of highly complex leveraged sourcing projects
• Expert understanding of, and deep experience with, multi-step strategic sourcing processes and tools/strategies
• Track record of year-over-year delivery of well-documented, implemented savings from sourcing projects
• Strong project management skills, including stakeholder?, timeline?, and meeting management skills
• Prior success transforming the procurement function across people, process, and tools. Distinctive, enterprise-level results delivery for direct and indirect materials spend
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills; able to market the value of aggregated demand to a supply base
• Multiple repetitions in different situations preferred. Pattern recognition and agility developed by solving procurement challenges in different business situations and at different stages of maturity.
• Expert-level financial, quantitative, and analytical skills; natural preference to get hands-on with spend data versus delegating
• Skilled at extracting high-value insights from external expert resources, when/where appropriate
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
• Ability to work up, down, and across diverse organizations; connects at all levels, i.e., operations, management, executives
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts input
• BA/BS required