Founded in 2018, InvestBev has grown to be a best-in-class private equity firm that focuses on investments in the adult-beverage space. The team leverages decades of industry experience to identify market inefficiencies and small-to-midsize companies primed for growth and the potential for industry distribution. InvestBev’s portfolio consists of alcohol beverage brands, raw distillate, cannabis, and technology companies for the beverage industry. The firm is currently investing out of its $70M Fund III with near-term plans to raise Fund IV. InvestBev is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with a team of ~10 people.
To support its growing investor base and portfolio, InvestBev seeks a Staff Accountant to oversee the fund accounting and analysis. Joining the team in high-growth mode, the Staff Accountant will also have the opportunity to get involved in broader firm-building activities. The position will be based in Chicago, Illinois and will report to the Controller.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 3+ years of professional experience across finance and accounting; Past experience within the Private Equity or Venture Capital space is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Business, or a related discipline required.
• Solid understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control rules and guidelines (e.g. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
• Strong financial, quantitative, and analytical skills. Advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to translate complex topics, policies, or rules in accounting to constituencies within finance function and also non-financial staff.
• Displays a high level of initiative; invites, challenges, and explores new ideas while understanding and communicating risks.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders; leads cross-functionally by influence. Passionate about the adult-beverage space.
• Nimble and entrepreneurial in nature; makes decisions with imperfect information; wired for a fast-paced, high-change environment.