Footprint is a global materials science technology company focused on creating a healthier planet through the design, development, and advanced manufacturing of plant-based biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable solutions to replace single- and short-term use plastics. Footprint has a clear vision to create a healthier planet and healthier people. Their team of engineers uses plant-based fiber technology to design, develop, and manufacture biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable products that compete with plastic’s cost and exceed its performance.
Footprint was founded in 2014 by former Intel engineers. The company employs more than 2,700 employees with operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe, and Asia. Footprint was named to the 2020 Fortune “Change the World” list in 2020 and was named a CNBC Disruptor 50 company in 2021.
The SVP, Manufacturing Operations & Supply Chain will lead the organization’s global manufacturing processes, inclusive of manufacturing, maintenance, planning, procurement, purchasing, inventory, quality, continuous improvement and EHS.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing and supply chain environments of appropriate size and complexity. Packaging experience preferred.
• Broad-based experience working in and/or leading multiple functions within operations (supply chain, quality, safety, sustaining engineering, purchasing and new product introduction to manufacturing.
• Expertise in leading manufacturing operations, including production planning, production scheduling, line setup and change out, production control, and production optimization.
• Experienced using continuous improvement and Lean principles to lead operational transformation (i.e., improve material flow and create additional production capacity, improve plant layout, reduce operating costs, improve on-time delivery, safety, and quality, etc.).
• Experience managing capital improvement initiatives and expansion plans during ongoing operations.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills in support of metrics, data, and process-oriented objectives; ability to succinctly report on operations measures to internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to set and gain buy-in for strategic direction; attract, hire, retain, and develop operations leaders; and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others.
• A clear ‘bias for action’ and sense of urgency to operate within a fast-paced and entrepreneurially minded organization.
• A willingness and ability to display a ‘roll up the sleeves’ approach, engaging in driving tactical execution when necessary.