Duravant is a leading global automation solutions company, focused on mission-critical packaging, food processing and material handling automation equipment used primarily in the food and beverage, e-commerce and distribution, agriculture, consumer products and industrial end markets. Duravant consists of 14 operating companies across 3 business units: Packaging Equipment, Processing Equipment, and Material Handling. In October 2021, the private equity firm The Carlyle Group joined existing investors Warburg Pincus in ownership of Duravant, with the charter to double the company’s revenue over the next 3-5 years through organic and inorganic growth. Duravant is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL.
FMH Conveyors and QC Conveyors have historically operated as independent entities with separate go-to-market teams that are each led by a current Vice President of Sales. FMH and QC employ a multi-channel strategy, selling through two channels: (1) direct to end customers primarily in the retail, ecommerce, parcel, and food space (Amazon, Target, McDonald’s, Walmart, Kohls, Home Depot, UPS, etc.); and (2) through channel partner relationships with integrators that design distribution centers on behalf of their clients.
Duravant has recently restructured its go to market strategy to combine FMH and QC into a single business unit, Material Handling Solutions – Americas. The company is now seeking to hire a new Senior Vice President of Sales who will be responsible for shaping and delivering the commercial strategy for the material handling business with the goal to drive sales from $250M to ~$500M over the next four years. The new executive will be responsible for creating a comprehensive, integrated go-to-market approach for the business including customer segmentation; commercial organization structure; sales process and value proposition; sales force resourcing, training, and deployment; ongoing sales management and operations, including KPIs, systems and tools, pipeline, and management cadence.
The new executive will report into the Group President of Material Handling Americas, lead a current team of ~15, and may be based at Duravant headquarters in Downers Grove, IL or at FMH Conveyors headquarters in Jonesboro, AR.
Experience & Requirements
At least 10 years of experience in sales and commercial leadership roles in B2B industrial manufacturing businesses. Experience in the material handling industry preferred. Private equity experience a plus.
• Leadership of commercial function with accountability for greater than $200 million in revenue.
• Experience selling in a multi-channel environment, both direct and through channel partnerships. Ideal candidates will have sold into a similar customer base (e.g., large retailers, ecommerce, food, and/or parcel industry).
• Direct sales experience in multi-customer environments with long sales cycles that requires navigation of complex customer processes to become an approved and preferred vendor.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a geographically dispersed sales team. Strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performing teams.
• Strong analytical and scientific approach to ongoing sales management and sales operations; a clearly defined sales process, pipeline management, territory planning, compensation design, and management cadence.
• Exceptional financial management skills. Leads strategic planning and budgeting processes. Interprets financial data for effective decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead by influence. Collaborative and team oriented.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity; ability to work in a fast-paced, private-equity sponsored environment.