American Trailer World (ATW) is a diversified manufacturer and leading retailer and distributor of professional and consumer-grade trailers, parts, and accessories in North America. ATW formed in January 2016 when American Trailer Works was merged with Big Tex Trailers through a deal led by Bain Capital, one of the world’s largest private equity investors. The combined company created a stand-out market leader which owned ~30% of the manufacturing and retail assets in North America in an otherwise fragmented industry. Today, ATW has approximately $1.8 billion in annual revenue, 4000 employees, and is headquartered in Richardson, TX.
ATW is seeking a Senior Vice President of Operations to develop and execute the operations strategy across a growing network of 25+ plants and 3 business units. This will include developing an Operational Management System to ensure sustainable growth and best-in-class quality and delivery to customers.
The SVP of Operations will create an enterprise-wide manufacturing vision that aligns with the company’s growth goals, and will translate that vision into an executable strategy. The SVP will work across the operations organization to drive implementation of the strategy, including developing an Operational Management System, while engaging the workforce to elevate performance from good to great.
The SVP reports to the COO, and is ideally based at company headquarters in Richardson, TX.
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of operations leadership experience; preferably 5+ years at a VP-level or higher; relevant scale/complexity (15+ sites, 1000+ employees).
• Demonstrated ability to lead a senior team of operations professionals
• Experience in discrete manufacturing preferred, including metal fabrication, welding, painting/coating, and assembly.
• Training in LEAN, or other well respected business operating systems (TPS, DBS, etc)
• Organizational & talent development, including performance management
• Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to analyze data to determine where to focus resources and implement root cause corrective actions
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders, customers and external audiences
• Strong orientation to leadership, teamwork, and positive communication; a flexible, dynamic, self?demanding and proactive individual, able to motivate him/herself and others
• Big company experience with a passion for hands-on execution; able to strike balance between delegating and personally addressing an issue
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preference for Engineering