Zelis is modernizing the healthcare financial experience by providing a connected platform that bridges the gaps and aligns interests across payers, providers, and healthcare consumers. This platform serves more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, and millions of healthcare providers and consumers. Zelis sees across the system to identify, optimize, and solve problems holistically with technology built by healthcare experts – driving real, measurable results for clients. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Zelis has more than 2,400 employees and annual revenues of ~$1B. Zelis is backed by Bain Capital and Parthenon Capital.
In support of organizational growth plans, Zelis is investing in its sales team and is now seeking to hire a new Vice President of Strategic Client Sales. The new VP will be responsible for managing and growing one or more assigned large, national health plan accounts that represent Zelis’ most strategically important relationships.
The VP will lead and manage the entire sales cycle, from prospect identification and outreach to close for the full suite of Zelis products and solutions with a target annual quota of $10M+. The new leader will also be expected to attend industry conferences and networking events to stay updated on market trends, generate leads, and build brand awareness. The VP of Strategic Client Sales will manage a team of 2 FTEs, report to the SVP of Sales, and may be based anywhere in the US near a major airport with ~50% travel to meet with clients and prospects.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of experience in healthcare tech and/or services sales; experience selling into large, national health plans required.
• Demonstrated track record of breaking into new markets and achieving sales targets with annual quotas >$10M. Capable of selling multiple, complex solutions with long sales cycles (> 18 months).
• Experience leveraging CRM to track and report on leads, sales, and customer management activities.
• Business acumen and presence required to build credible relationships with EVP and C-Suite level clients.
• Excellent contract negotiation skills with a keen eye for details.
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A champion for collaboration. Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Results-driven mentality with a dedication to achieving sales targets. Embraces a growth mindset.
• High level of flexibility, creativity, and dependability.