Certified Group is a leader in testing (microbiology, chemistry,
toxicology, stability, and other scientific capabilities) and audit
services related to food and beverages, supplements, cosmetics,
nicotine products, and cannabis. Certified operates 30 GMP and/or
ISO 17025 accredited operating laboratories in North America (26 in
the United States and 4 in Canada) and is headquartered in Melville,
In July of 2021, Certified merged with Food Safety Net Services to
create a combined company with nearly 1,600 employees, $275M in
revenue, and $75M in EBITDA.
Certified is seeking to hire a Vice President of Operations, Cosmetics
and Personal Care, to oversee their facilities in Burbank, CA and
Carrolton, TX. The VP would provide leadership and support to the
management of the day-to-day operations of a multi-site operation,
aligned to an annual profit and loss budget while being responsible
for harmonizing all aspects of the division’s labs, including to the
quality, science, technical, and operations. Having been recently
acquired, the labs are currently under legacy leadership and the new
VP will be tasked with modernizing and optimizing the businesses.
The role reports to the COO (John Nelson), leads a team of
Laboratory Directors, and can be based near either lab with the
preference being Burbank, CA.
Experience & Requirements
• Develop and implement strategic business initiatives with the
objective of consistently producing accurate test results,
maintaining high levels of customer service, and increasing
• Set, implement, support and manage to critical KPIs focused on
safety, quality, delivery, people and cost
• Maintain a focus on providing efficient workflows and
processes to optimize service levels, improve quality and safety,
and maximize resources in accordance with Lean principles and
• Ensure that client needs are met in a cost-effective manner by
planning and managing to the laboratory budget.
• Promote quality and service quality strategy; will address all
phases of service development.
• Set QA compliance and objectives in accordance to company
and industry policy and ensure that targets are achieved.
• Participate in large or strategic project proposals with the
executive and/or the commercial organization to support
profitability and client satisfaction.
• Proactively participate in trade and professional associations to
promote the company with the goal of increasing sales and
promoting our business locally, regionally, and nationwide.
• Responsible for overall laboratory operations with attention to
consistent implementation of policies, procedures, and best
business practices for all employees, including our Quality
• Attend internal and external audits.
• Foster smoothly running laboratory functions through timely
and effective resolution of disruptions, i.e.: equipment
maintenance, purchases, and laboratory supplies
• Ensure the attainment of company objectives through the
selection, development, motivation, and evaluation of lab staff.
Directly manage the operation relating to hiring, termination,
and performance management issues.