Sundyne designs and manufactures highly engineered pumps and
compressors for a range of mission critical applications. The company
focuses on harsh operating environments where the consequences of
failure are severe and where reliability, uptime and durability are
paramount. Sundyne serves a diverse range of industries, including
LNG and petrochemical markets (~50% of new unit orders), along with
a rapidly growing presence in chemical and industrial sectors (~20% of
new unit orders), and strong momentum in renewable energy, gas
processing, and refining. Today, Sundyne has approximately $350
million in annual revenue, employs over 700 people globally, and is
headquartered in Arvada, CO, outside of Denver.
To drive future growth, Sundyne has created the new role of VP of
Global Product Management to take responsibility for optimizing
growth, revenue, and gross margins across the company’s 6 product
lines. The VP will own product management, product strategy, and
pricing and partner closely with the executive team to create and
drive Sundyne’s organic growth strategy. The VP will lead a team of
6 Product Line Managers and a Pricing Manager and report directly
to the CEO. The role will ideally be based at company headquarters
in Denver, but there is flexibility for the right candidate.
Experience & Requirements
• At least 10 years of experience in product, commercial and/or
strategy leadership roles in global B2B manufacturing
businesses producing highly engineered products. Private
equity experience a plus.
• A track record of success conceptualizing, developing, and
bringing to market innovative solutions to drive sales and
entries into new markets.
• Demonstrated ability to draw a high level of insight from
complex business situations to create and refine market strategy.
• A deep understanding of end-user market dynamics,
competition, trends, and other factors to develop a product
strategy that increases the competitive stance of the business.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics, including
ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable
recommendations with measurable business impact.
• Strong people leadership skills and proven judgement of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performing
• Exceptional financial management skills. Interprets financial
data for effective decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead by influence.
Collaborative and team-oriented.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and
presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal
stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual;
able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action
and ability to deal with ambiguity; ability to work in a fast-paced,
private-equity sponsored environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for Engineering,
Business, Finance, or Supply Chain degree. MBA preferred.
• Ability to travel ~30% (domestic and international)