InnovaCare was founded in 2002 through the acquisition of NAMM, a California based MSO which managed over 330,000 members upon its sale to Optum in 2012. In 2004, InnovaCare acquired MMM, a health plan in Puerto Rico, which upon its sale to Anthem, managed the care of over 550k Medicare and Medicaid members via 26 owned and affiliated IPAs.
Today, InnovaCare is a value based primary care provider recognized as a leader in transforming care delivery. The Company’s approach combines physician-led care models with cutting-edge technology and a focus on personalized, coordinated care to empower providers to succeed in some of healthcare’s most challenging environments. InnovaCare operates 30+ medical clinics across Florida and has recently expanded in the Texas market with a track record of growth through acquisition.
InnovaCare, with the support of Bain, is executing an ambitious value creation program inclusive of growth (organic and inorganic) and operational optimization. As such, InnovaCare seeks to hire a VP, Accounting to support all short- and long-term planning, budgeting, and future M&A integrations. Specific activities include P&L management, audits, cash flow and balance sheet management and more. This position will also assist executive leadership in the preparation of board materials and analysis of business performance. This individual will report to the CFO, work closely with Bain stakeholders, and either be based in Orlando, FL, or remote with regular travel to HQ.
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of professional experience, preferably within the healthcare industry, but otherwise in a distributed services or financial services environment.
• Enterprise leadership experience, acting as the top accounting and/or finance executive in a company or large business unit, with associated management and board exposure.
• Track record of year-over-year delivery of distinctive value from strategic, transformative financial reporting and standardization activities across a distributed network.
• Expert financial, quantitative, and analytical skills. Excels in issue identification and problem-solving.
• Experience in the development, recommendation, analysis, and tracking of financial operations improvements.
• Displays a high level of initiative; invites, challenges, and explores new ideas while understanding and communicating risks.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders; leads cross-functionally by influence.
• Nimble and entrepreneurial in nature; makes decisions with imperfect information; wired for a fast-paced, high-change, private-equity sponsored environment.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.