nVenia, a Duravant company formed in 2021, designs and manufactures primary, secondary and end-of-line packaging equipment, featuring the product brands of Arpac, Hamer-Fischbein, and Ohlson. Serving targeted end markets including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, agriculture and industrials, nVenia’s focus is on delivering next-level packaging equipment, integration, and innovation for their customers. nVenia is headquarted in Wood Dale, IL, employs ~500 people, generates ~$200 million in revenue, and has been backed since 2017 by Warburg Pincus, a leading global private equity firm with over $84 billion in assets under management
nVenia seeks to instill a culture of operational discipline, continuous improvement, and integration with internal and external business partners to improve productivity, take cost out, and support future growth. To enable these objectives, nVenia seeks to hire a Vice President, Operations & Supply Chain to lead the functions, inclusive of manufacturing, maintenance, planning, procurement, purchasing, inventory, quality, continuous improvement and EHS. The COO will lead a team of ~300 people and report to the President.
Experience & Requirements
15+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing and supply chain environments of appropriate size and complexity.
• Experience in machining and assembly operations strongly preferred.
• Experienced in functions including manufacturing, planning, purchasing, quality, EHS, inventory management, and logistics.
• Experienced using continuous improvement and Lean principles to lead operational transformation (i.e., improve material flow and create additional production capacity, improve plant layout, reduce operating costs, improve on-time delivery, safety, and quality, etc.).
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills in support of metrics, data, and process-oriented objectives; ability to succinctly report on operations measures to internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent financial, quantitative, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to set and gain buy-in for strategic direction; attract, hire, retain, and develop operations leaders; and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others.
• A clear ‘bias for action’ and sense of urgency to operate within a fast-paced and entrepreneurially minded organization.
• A willingness and ability to display a ‘roll up the sleeves’ approach, engaging in driving tactical execution when necessary.