CORT Furniture is the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. CORT currently operates 100+ offices, showrooms, and clearance centers across the United States, and they provide furniture rental in more than 80 countries around the globe.
CORT Events, a ~$115M division of CORT Furniture Rental that provides furniture rentals for the meetings and events industry, is looking to hire a Vice President of Operations and Asset Management to service this niche client base.
Surpassing pre-pandemic revenue levels, and benefiting from pent-up demand for events, the meetings and events business is positioned to grow significantly in the near term. CORT has grown both organically and by acquisition, and with CORT already owning 90% of the market for trade shows and 50% on the event side, they are the leading furniture rental provider for the trade show and event industry.
The Vice President of Operations and Asset Management will have ownership and management of the operating strategy, including multi-site specialized operations and customer execution. CORT currently operates 16 major distribution facilities giving it the ability to deliver anywhere in the continental US. In addition to the activities within the CORT distribution network, the VP will also oversee installations and teardowns at the event sites.
The VP will own the day-to-day business, which includes quality, customer service, repairs, safety, and sustainability across the CORT Events footprint. They will also have responsibility for the annual budget and technology implementations.
Experience & Requirements
• 7+ years of experience that includes progressive operational and technical leadership, including fleet and/or maintenance responsibility within a distributed field service organization.
• Track record of achieving key performance metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; oversight of the safety and security of buildings, their contents, and people.
• Experience in efficient supply chain and inventory optimization strategies; develop, implement, and improve internal processes/controls to achieve supply chain objectives on an ongoing basis.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large scale change initiatives and prior leadership experience driving transformation across a diverse enterprise.
• Experience in establishing and implementing effective performance metrics which continually advance the business and more specifically the asset management function.
• Familiar with the application of information technology to improve operations.
• Oversight of the preparation and management of national and regional annual operating budgets and capital budgets; ability to coordinate the budgeting cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence across diverse stakeholders within a fast-paced, geographically dispersed environment.
• Able to work up, down, and across field-based organizations; connects well at all levels, i.e., field, management, executives.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual.
• Ability to travel ~60% domestically as needed.