Bob’s Discount Furniture (Bob’s) is a leading retailer of quality furnishings – including living room furniture, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, office furniture and home accents. Founded in 1991, Bob’s has become known for offering deep value, exceptional, ‘white glove’ customer service, and a welcoming shopping experience, featuring cafes in each store with free gourmet coffee, ice cream, cookies and candy. Bob’s has grown to >$2 billion in revenue through aggressive expansion of their geographic footprint and currently operates 150 stores throughout New England, the Mid-Atlantic, the Midwest, and California. Bob’s Discount Furniture employs over 3,000 people and is headquartered in Manchester, Connecticut.
The VP Replenishment will have end-to-end responsibility for the strategies, processes, and systems to create an industry leading purchasing and replenishment supply chain function. This leader will develop analytical models and processes to improve purchase order creation, optimize inbound flow, and better integrate with vendors, carriers, and fulfillment centers to drive improvements in domestic, landed, and import supply chain costs and performance, inventory availability and service levels, ordering logic, and inbound flow optimization. The VP Replenishment will serve as a strategic business partner providing operational leadership, direction, and advice to the Senior Leadership Team on all vendor market trends and cadence for the company. In addition, this position is expected to play a key role in leading cross functional initiatives to capitalize on areas of growth and profit improvement opportunities and is expected to work collaboratively across the organization. The position reports to the Chief Supply Chain Officer, manages a team of ~20, and will be based at company headquarters in Manchester, CT.
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of relevant supply chain management experience, ideally in omni-channel and retail environments with significant oversea Asian inbound logistics operations.
• Experience managing the holistic supply chain network, including supply chain planning, replenishment, inventory management, and supplier performance management.
• Past success scaling and optimizing supply chain networks and related processes to support and enable new markets entry.
• Track record partnering with third-party providers to optimize supply chain performance.
• Experience working cross functionally with Planning, Logistics, Distribution, Merchandising, and Store Operations functions to improve end-to-end supply chain performance.
• Track record of data-driven decision making, leveraging ERP, MRP, WMS, and TMS systems to drive performance improvements.
• Strong project management skills, including stakeholder?, timeline?, and meeting management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers.
• Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Six Sigma principals to drive improvement.
• A track record of team building and organizational development; able to hold employees accountable for results; able to recognize when education and training is needed.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preference for Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain; MBA preferred.