PureField Ingredients produces quality food ingredients and biofuels from pure, natural Midwest grains under the Heartland brand. PureField operates two integrated plants in Russell, Kansas, including the largest vital wheat gluten manufacturing facility in North America, delivering high quality, high protein ingredients to leading consumer food and pet food manufacturers, and one of the most cost-efficient and lowest carbon intensity ethanol production facilities in the United States, serving the West Coast markets where low carbon fuel is in high demand. PureField also converts production byproducts into animal nutrition products that are high sources of protein and fiber.
The VP will be part of a progressive team that innovates, develops, and commercializes new products, leads strategic initiatives, and integrates strategic acquisitions. The VP will act as project manager, consensus creator and thought partner to the organization’s leaders, and will run point on essential cross-functional projects across the enterprise. The VP will additionally be responsible for executive engagement, communications, and reporting with key leadership stakeholders, including the Board of Directors. This role requires excellent influencing and collaboration skills in addition to project management and analytical capabilities. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at company headquarters which are located in Kansas City, KS.
Experience & Requirements
10+ years of experience in operational, commercial, or strategic roles in manufacturing environments.
• 5+ years of experience leading projects and strategic initiatives of relevant scale, scope, and complexity.
• Experience in ingredient manufacturing and/or consumer goods company in similar conditions (high number of projects, managing big projects) highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, Stage Gate, and DevOps best practices and history of using these methodologies to improve processes.
• Experience evaluating and implementing Innovation Management / PLM Software Solutions.
• Experience tracking portfolio governance KPI’s and metrics and using PPM portfolio tool reporting.
• Experience quantifying resource capacity / demand models and identifying constraints.
• Mindset for continuous transformation of PMO processes/ tools to stay relevant.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Project and MS Visio.
Strong business and project leadership skills; assertive and diplomatic, able to manage up and down the organization with influence, willing to hold others accountable.
• Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to step away from the details and share the big picture impact.
• Dynamic problem solver with solid analytical skills.
• Superior project timeline development, risk assessment, and prioritization skills.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong bias for action.
• Ability to travel to facilities in Russell, Kansas.