Myers EPS is a leading designer & manufacturer of highly engineered emergency lighting backup power technology headquartered in Bethlehem, PA. The company provides integrated technology solutions mandated by building and construction safety codes to mission critical infrastructure such as data centers, government buildings, distribution warehouses, education facilities, and healthcare centers. The company has doubled in both employee size and top line revenue over the past 4 years largely through organic growth, and operates two manufacturing facilities located in Bethlehem, PA and San Leandro, CA.
In August 2021, the private equity firm Kohlberg & Company acquired a majority stake in Myers EPS. With Kohlberg’s investment, Myers EPS is positioned for strong and continued double-digit growth, including through M&A activity and international expansion.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer will take responsibility for the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Quality functions at Myers EPS.
The ideal candidate will possess: (1) operations leadership experience in an engineered to order manufacturing environment of relevant size and complexity; (2) broad functional depth across relevant disciplines including manufacturing, supply chain, continuous improvement, M&A integration, quality, and safety; (3) experience in a high-growth and/or transformational environment; and, (4) the leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit necessary to lead in an evolving, investor-backed company.
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of operations leadership experience; preferably 5+ years at a Director or VP level; relevant scale/complexity (multi-site, 100+ employees).
• Experience in discrete manufacturing required with preference for experience with engineered to order, customized, high mix/low volume product lines
• Demonstrated ability to lead a senior team of operations professionals with varying tenure and performance across multiple domestic and/or international facilities
• Training in LEAN, Six Sigma or other well respected business operating systems.
• Strong capabilities around organizational & talent development, including performance management
• Operations leadership experience in an environment experiencing significant organic and/or inorganic growth.
• Experience in M&A including development and execution of strategic acquisition rationale, due diligence, business plan formalization, and site acquisitions/integrations (inclusive of processes, systems, and personnel)
• Experience implementing the controls, processes, and risk management initiatives to manage operational and financial performance in a high growth environment; ERP implementation experience a plus
• Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to analyze data to determine where to focus resources and implement root cause corrective actions
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders, customers and external audiences
• Strong orientation to leadership, teamwork, and positive communication; a flexible, dynamic, self?demanding and proactive individual, able to motivate him/herself and others
• “Academy company” experience with a passion for hands-on execution; able to strike balance between delegating and personally addressing an issue