Duravant is a leading global automation solutions company, focused on
mission-critical packaging, food processing and material handling
automation equipment used primarily in the food and beverage, ecommerce
and distribution, agriculture, consumer products and industrial
end markets. Duravant consists of 14 operating companies across 3 business
units: Packaging, Food Processing, and Material Handling. Duravant
operates 48 manufacturing and sales facilities throughout the United States,
Europe and Asia, and teams with distribution partners across six continents
to optimize its customers’ local and regional needs.
In March 2022, the private equity firm The Carlyle Group joined existing
investors Warburg Pincus in ownership of Duravant, with the charter to
double the company’s revenue over the next 3-5 years through organic and
inorganic growth. Duravant is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL.
The Chief Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the design, performance,
and optimization of the end-to-end supply chain, inclusive of
manufacturing, across Duravant’s 3 business segments. The CSCO will
partner with Chief Operating Officers, Operating Company Presidents, and
Corporate Leaders to put in place processes, technologies, and capabilities
that will improve integrated supply chain performance. The CSCO will
leverage an Operations Excellence approach to drive change and adoption
across the enterprise. The Chief Supply Chain Officer provides leadership
and direction to team members, fosters an environment and culture of
positive associate relations, and works to develop future leaders in the
Experience & Requirements
• 15+ years of discrete industrial operations and supply chain
experience, preferably including oversight of operations / supply
chain outside the United States.
• A minimum of three years of experience in a multi-site operations
• Experience leading multiple operations functions, including
manufacturing, supply chain, operational excellence/Lean
manufacturing/CI, sourcing, quality, and capital spend.
• Prior success building and transforming the operational structure and
performance of a global, multi-divisional manufacturing and supply
chain network with distinctive financial results.
• Experience developing and implementing manufacturing operations
and supply chain strategies inclusive of operational footprint
optimization / rationalization, low-cost country transition, in-source
vs. outsource, and supply chain network optimization.
• Experience driving improved operations and supply chain
performance via a formal operations management system (TPS, HOS,
DBS, etc.), Experience developing and leading continuous
improvement programs with a demonstrated track record of driving
• Expertise in operations standards and metrics (e.g., KPIs) for safety,
quality, production, labor and material variances, and employee
relations and retention. Establishes a culture of accountability
through individual and team metrics.
• Experience in global, enterprise level strategic sourcing inclusive of
strategic category planning, sourcing process, negotiations and
contracting, vendor management, enterprise wide spend analytics,
and driving compliance to P2P operations and systems.
• Experience with product quality, supplier quality, and regulatory
• Experience managing capital improvement initiatives and expansion
plans during ongoing operations.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and
presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal
stakeholders and external audiences.
• An influencer who can drive change in a cross-functional, matrixed
environment without direct authority A flexible, dynamic, selfdemanding
and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself
and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.