Bob’s Discount Furniture (Bob’s) is a leading retailer of quality home and office furniture and home accents. Known for offering deep value, exceptional, ‘white glove’ customer service, and a welcoming shopping experience, Bob’s has grown to >$2 billion in revenue through aggressive expansion of their geographic footprint. Bob’s currently has 150 stores throughout New England, the Mid-Atlantic, the Midwest, and California, with plans for aggressive investment in the next few years. To support this sustained growth agenda, Bob’s seeks to hire a Chief Supply Chain Officer to optimize current supply chain operations and make supply chain a competitive advantage.
To capture the benefits of its current scale and to prepare for future growth, Bob’s now seeks to hire a Chief Supply Chain Officer. The key focus of this role is to improve coordination between planning, replenishment/purchasing, inventory, distribution, and logistics, and to consolidate these functions under a single position.
The Chief Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the performance of the supply chain planning, inventory management, replenishment, logistics, nationwide transportation, distribution, and delivery network, and network optimization functions to achieve customer, operational, and financial goals. The Chief Supply Chain Officer partners with Merchandising and Store Operations teams to manage and improve integrated supply chain planning and replenishment capabilities and optimize end-to-end supply chain performance. The Chief Supply Chain Officer provides leadership and direction to team members, fosters an environment and culture of positive associate relations, and works to develop future leaders in the business. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and manages 6 VP-level direct reports.
Experience & Requirements
• 20+ years of relevant logistics management experience, ideally in omni-channel and retail environments with significant oversea Asian inbound logistics operations.
• Experience managing the holistic supply chain across network, including supply chain planning, inventory management, distribution, replenishment, inbound and outbound logistics, and final mile delivery.
• Past success scaling and optimizing logistics networks to support and enable new markets entry.
• Track record partnering with third-party logistics providers to optimize distribution and transportation performance.
• Experience working cross functionally with Merchandising and Store Operations functions to improve end-to-end supply chain performance.
• Track record of data-driven decision making, leveraging ERP, MRP, WMS, and TMS systems to drive performance improvements.
• Strong project management skills, including stakeholder?, timeline?, and meeting management skills; demonstrated excellence in managing internal customers.
• Experience applying Continuous Improvement, Lean, and Six Sigma principals to drive improvement.
• A track record of team building and organizational development; able to hold employees accountable for results; able to recognize when education and training is needed.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity.