Founded in 2013 by a team of specialty pharmacy industry veterans, Anovo is a leading provider of specialty pharmacy services and customized treatment and support programs that address the unique needs of patients with certain complex and chronic diseases. Anovo acts as a value-added partner and full-service specialty pharmacy to its biopharmaceutical manufacturer clients, providing patient support, reimbursement, logistics and patient education programs.
Anovo is headquartered in Memphis, TN, and operates two fulfillment sites in Memphis and Phoenix, AZ (scheduled to open in late 2022). The company has doubled in size in since 2020, and now has ~180 employees.
To support Anovo’s rapid organic growth, the Company has created the new role of Vice President of Operations to take responsibility for pharmacy operations, patient support services (HUB), and reimbursement. The VP will lead a team of 3 Directors (functional heads) and a total of ~125 clinical and non-clinical staff across company locations in Memphis, TN and Phoenix, AZ. The new leader will report into the Chief Operating Officer and be based at company headquarters in Memphis.
Experience & Requirements
• 10+ years of experience in the specialty pharmacy industry, including significant management experience
• Expertise in best-in-class operations processes, technologies, and systems within the pharmaceutical industry
• Multi-site operations leadership experience, with the ability to navigate complex multi-state regulatory environments
• Experience developing a departmental budget and leading large-scale initiatives simultaneously, with the financial acumen to see the full P&L perspective
• Experience recruiting, retaining and developing top performing teams
• Experience and training in continuous improvement systems and principles; LEAN, Six Sigma etc.
• A leader by example, with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and dig to the root cause of issues to prescribe appropriate fixes
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action