Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest, professional self-performing power-sweeping and JetVac service company in the United States. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, SCA self-performs power sweeping for highways, streets, industrial, and commercial applications, for both private and government entities. The company operates in 70+ locations, across 21 states.
With the support of Warburg Pincus, SCA is continuing to expand both organically and inorganically with planned growth set to double the footprint and fleet. To aid and expedite this effort, the company is seeking to hire a new VP, Operations.
The Vice President, Operations will be responsible, in partnership with the Regional Vice Presidents, for leading the strategy development and implementation of key operational initiatives, including but not limited to streamlining and strengthening GIS capabilities, assisting with greenfield launches, new acquisitions and post-merger integration, business unit turnarounds, enterprise cost take-outs, and footprint rationalizations. This role requires excellent influencing and collaboration skills in addition to project management and analytical capabilities.
The role reports directly to the CEO and will manage the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team. Based near any SCA branch, this individual will be required to travel up to 75% of the time to gain influence and drive change at the branch, region, and corporate levels.
Experience & Requirements
• At least twelve years of professional experience, including broad business experience and knowledge across multiple disciplines, and 4+ years’ experience in an operations leadership or operational excellence role in a geographically distributed fleet services business; experience in management consulting valued.
fleet services business; experience in management consulting valued.
• Project management and transformation skillset, including strategy development, timeline and resource management, financial and risk management, implementation, and communications.
• Experience with operating strategy including multi-site specialized operations and customer execution; quality, customer service, repairs, safety and sustainability.
• Track record of successfully managing multiple complex initiatives and work streams in parallel and delivering results against time sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to identify problems with a data-driven lens; understanding of KPI refreshment and enhancement.
• Experience implementing and driving the adoption of formal operating systems, KPIs, and metrics to improve cost, up-time, equipment life, safety, and productivity.
• Experience managing annual revenue plans and operational budgets. Coordinate across regions and stakeholders to ensure buy-in and performance management cadence.
• Able to ‘zoom in’ to the details and ‘zoom out’ to set and understand strategy. Willing and able to “go deep” on individual projects to accelerate results.
• Naturally inclusive and collaborative across a full range of internal stakeholders/levels. Track record of breaking down silos. Demonstrated ability to manage and lead by influence.
• Ability to participate in and contribute to regular P&L and operational reviews in the regions to ensure business and growth objectives are planned appropriately and ultimately achieved.
• Possesses strategic and executive weight to challenge status quo when/where necessary. Pivots style to produce results, e.g., reporter/partner/driver, depending on stakeholder engagement and nature of challenge.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, private-equity sponsored environment.