Transplace is a global transportation management provider, offering a suite of transportation management, cross-border and global trade services. The company generates gross revenue in excess of $5 billion from more than 1000 customers ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 companies in CPG, manufacturing, retail, and chemicals industries. Transplace is headquartered in Frisco, TX (north Dallas) and employs over 3,200 people across 26 locations in North America and Europe. Transplace was acquired by Uber Freight in 2021.
Transplace’s Transportation Management (TM) business offers customers flexible and customizable logistics and transportation management system solutions, including a fully outsourced model. The business currently has over $12 Billion in Freight Under Management (FUM) across 350+ customers.
The TM business has been growing rapidly, supported by a domestic team of Sales Vice Presidents. Vice Presidents of Sales are quota-carrying, individual contributors who are responsible for identifying, generating, and closing new business. Deals range from $200k to $2 million in total value. The team is supported post-sale by a large, experienced Customer Success and Account Management team that leads new client implementation and ongoing management.
Experience & Requirements
Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with at least 5 years in sales. Early background in operations, IT, or other complex operations-oriented function is valued.
• Experience identifying, generating, and closing new business within an assigned territory or target account list.
• Track record of meeting or exceeding annual sales quotas exceeding $1 million with deal sizes >$100K.
• Experience leveraging CRM to track and report on leads, sales, and customer management activities.
• Business acumen and presence required to build credible relationships with EVP and C-Suite level clients.
• Experience identifying, generating, and closing new business within an assigned territory.
• A hunter mentality; thrives on winning in a competitive environment
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others.